With the results of our BELA 2017 competition on the horizon, Alex Balme, NY Regional Director for Language Services, examines the 4 company cultural values of successful Language Services and Technology companies.
When you ask people what the best part is about their workplace there are a lot of answers you might expect. It could be salary, remote work, healthcare, pension schemes, and one of many other perks and benefits.
But research shows that the most important parts of what makes a company truly a best place to work depends entirely on the company and employer’s relationship with the employee.
When you dig deeper and look into what drives employee happiness, job satisfaction, and increases productivity three factors reveal themselves:
- Is there trust between the employee and the employer?
- Do employees feel engaged with their daily work and are they proud of it?
- Do they enjoy working alongside their colleagues?
It’s not a huge secret – great company culture values is what drives success, innovation, and improved performance. While compensation and benefits may rank high on the list, many employees working at the best companies in the world would answer the questions above with an enthusiastic “yes!”
We spend nearly one-third of our lives, most our productive years, working for companies. The times are changing as there is increasing awareness in the industry that employees are invaluable and their success is largely dependent on their environment.
While everyone might have a different preference or opinion as to what makes a company fantastic place to work at we believe the following factors make the biggest difference.
Alex Balme is the New York Regional Director at Adaptive Globalization. He recruits for sales professionals at all levels, from junior inside associates up to VPs, as well as sales engineers. Feel free to reach out to him on LinkedIn for a networking conversation.
Tel: (646) 504 5980
E-Mail: alex.balme (@) adaptiveglobalization.com
Recent Adaptive Globalization Articles
- LocWorld 2017: Barcelona
- 4 Company Culture Values of Successful Language Services Companies
- Building Culture in Language Services Companies: An interview with Mark Brayan, CEO of Appen
- 7 Exceptional Women Influencers in the Language Services Industry
- Build or buy? An inside look at M&A in the Language Services Industry
- Hiring for Tech Change: Finding the Perfect Candidate
- Love the languages industry? Natural networker? We’re hiring!
- LSP Growth – An Up-Close Look with a Chief of Sales & Marketing Officer
- Translator Career Paths – Freelance or In-house?
- Moving into Management: The Journey from Sales Rep to Sales Leader